- Detects gold optically based on the reflectance, spatial information and unique colour of gold on-site without waiting for assay results
- Determines which associated minerals to explore for in a particular deposit including pyrite and chalcopyrite
- The Gold Sniffer provides geologists with the information to develop an optimal exploration plan
- Saves exploration time and expense, and provides a better chance of finding a valuable gold deposit
- Each Gold Sniffer picture is 3 mm x 4.5 mm and provides a “picture grade” for a specific spot
- Approximately 30 pictures will be enough surface area to be representative of the entire mineral sample and provide an estimate gold grade
- Eg. Gold Sniffer Measuring Fenton Deposit for Cartier Resources: Fenton Gold Mineralization & Fenton Gold Distribution
Gold Sniffer Analysis Capabilities
(1) Exploration: Analysis of drill core and grab samples to determine which associated minerals contain gold. This tells geologists which minerals to explore for.
(2) Ore processing: Determines which minerals contain gold and provides a histogram of gold particle size and shape. Use data to optimize the type of ore processing and maximize gold recovery.
(3) Tailings: Measures the gold grade and mineral association of tailings to determine how much gold was missed so recovery can be increased.