Measures mineral and metal concentrations on-site and in minutes
Mineral Insights is a visible optics device that can detect gold, copper, lithium, and other minerals with a single measurement on various mineral samples such as drill core, crushed rock, pulps, and sands, among other sample types.
- Mineral Insights detects micron-sized gold, copper, zinc, lithium, cobalt, molybdenum, and other minerals
- Estimates gold, copper, molybdenum and mineral concentrations on site and in minutes – mineral concentrations usually come within 10-15% of an assay
- Determines particle size, shape, and the physical relationships of minerals or morphology
- Portable, non-destructive technology available as a service, lease or sold as a unit
The processing of information is fully automated – Mineral Insights uses its proprietary scripting language to automatically process and measure data. Simply place the drill core under the lens, click a button, and Mineral Insights provides results in as little as 90 seconds!
- Accelerate your exploration program with Mineral Insights through more informed drilling and mineralogical understanding
- Use the information that Mineral Insights provides to optimize grinding, flotation, and gravity separation processes and increase metal recovery
Mineral Insights’ analysis of the surface of a copper concentrate that detects unoxidized bornite, its six oxidized phases where the bornite particles are covered with a thin layer of blue or green copper oxide minerals, as well as chalcopyrite and pyrite. This data is used to determine the concentrations of bornite, chalcopyrite and copper within 15%. Information collected from samples like these can be used to optimize ore processing to deliver more copper.
The same portion of the copper concentrate surface as above without any colour markings.
Mineral Insights can identify several lithium minerals including:
Mineral Insights can identify several cobalt minerals including: